Savage Beast Films Screenplay Competition
Savage Beast Films is a production company based out of Pasadena, California. Our main objective with this Screenplay Competition is to help other talented artists achieve their dreams as screenplay writers. We understand the amount of work that goes into creating each film, but it all begins with an amazing script.
Savage Beast Films Screenplay Competition offers screenwriters straight access to a production company, development notes from actual producers and WGA members, industry connections, and a possibility your screenplay will be optioned and produced by Savage Beast Films.
Awards & Prizes
1st and 2nd place screenplay winners will receive a cash prize, development notes from producers, industry connections, and a possibility your script will be optioned and produced by production company.
3rd place winner will receive main entry-fee reimbursement and development notes from producers.
Rules & Terms
We are looking to help writers with an original voice bring their ideas out of the page and into the screen, so writers from all countries and nationalities are welcome to submit. All scripts must be in English.
Dates & Deadlines:
September 24, 2018 - Opening Date
January 30, 2019 - Early Bird Deadline
January 30, 2019 - Early Bird Deadline with Notes
May 30, 2019 - Regular Deadline
May 30, 2019 - Regular Deadline with Notes
June 30, 2019 - Extended Deadline
June 30, 2019 - Extended Deadline with Notes
August 30, 2019 - Notification Date
September 30, 2019 - Winners Announced
**Detailed development notes from producers are provided with an additional fee.
General Submission Guidelines:
- All scripts must be delivered digitally.
- All contest submission must be an original creation.
- Scripts must be written in English.
- Eligible scripts must be new and never produced or distributed before, in any format.
- Scripts should be formatted at size 12 Courier and be uploaded in .pdf (preferred), .doc or .txt format. Make sure the number of pages in your scripts reflects your category's specs.
- If a script is optioned or purchased during the competition it will no longer be eligible for the awards. Entry fees will not be refunded. The script must be the writers original work and they must own all copyright.
Please include the following elements within your submission:
- A feature film screenplay.
- A cover page.
- A short bio and one page document describing your motivations and inspirations for writing your script.
TERMS & CONDITIONS:
I/We have read all of the rules, understand, and have complied with these rules.
I/We warrant the submission of my/our original work and that there are no disputes regarding the ownership of the submission.
I/We also warrant the submitted material does not defame or invade the rights of any person living or dead.
To the best of my/our knowledge, all the statements herein are true and correct.
I/We understand that failure to adhere to the competition rules and regulations will result in disqualification and forfeiture of entry fee.
I/We acknowledge that once an entry payment has been processed, Savage Beast Films will not provide a refund.
No revisions of materials will be accepted once entry has been submitted.
BY SUBMITTING THE MATERIAL, I/WE HEREBY AGREES TO INDEMNIFY, HOLD HARMLESS, AND DEFEND THE FESTIVAL/COMPETITION, ITS EMPLOYEES, DIRECTORS, REPRESENTATIVES, AND AFFILIATES FROM ALL LIABILITY, CLAIMS, AND DAMAGES IN CONNECTION WITH THE SUBMISSION AND FROM ANY FEES AND EXPENSES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO REASONABLE ATTORNEYS’ FEES, THAT ANY OF THEM MAY INCUR IN CONNECTION THEREWITH.
Savage Beast Films Screenplay Competition proudly accepts entries via FilmFreeway.com, the world's best online submission platform.